Thursday, December 10, 2009

How Do We Do It All?

Just recently, our lives have changed. Hubby and I now have full time jobs and the kids are in school. The days of our laid back -work-work-for-ourselves- are gone.(boo,hoo) I have yet to figure out how people manage their time on a day-to-day basis.

I now realize, that people get up at about 5:00/5:30 AM! in order to get the kids ready and be at work on time. Here is the run-down..... correct me if I forget something....

5:15 am- get up and get Me ready
6:00 am- get the kids up and get them fed, make lunches and fight with both children about what they WILL eat for breakfast instead of the pop-tart they said they wanted
7:00 am - out the door to school (hopfully by no later than 7:10am, because that will cost me time sitting in line at the 4-way stop)
7:30 am- to work I go- eat breakfast in the car.
8:00-8:10 am - arrive at work)hopefully
5:00 pm- promptly, leave work so I don't get caught in too much traffic.
5:25 pm- Home! now it's time to really get busy. Start dinner for kids and then for Hubby and me. Because one kid only eats PB&J sandwiches- honestly- that is ALL he eats.
If we are lucky, dinner and Misc. Stuff is done by 7:00. Bath Time! 30 minutes for boths kids baths to have baby in bed by 7:30pm.
last kid in bed by 8:00pm- me asleep by 8:30pm !

I can't imagine what things will be like when we have homework... Crazy!

I'm on a mission to get dinner under control. As much as I can with an 18 month old holding on to my knees. LOL!

I know, the trick is planning, weekly menus planed and shopped.

Let me know if you have any good suggestions for me. I'm new at being a working mom and could use all the help I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment