Friday, December 4, 2009

Made In America

I received a wonderful e-mail the other day and I thought I might share it with you. ...

A physics teacher in high school , once told her class that while a single grasshopper on the railroad track wouldn't slow the train much, a billion of them would.

Keeping that in mind.....read the following, it was obviously written by a good American.

A Good idea.... one light bulb at a time.....

I can verify this because I was in Lowe's the other day for something, and just for the heck of it, I was looking at the hose attachments. They were all made in China. The next day I was in Ace Hardware and just for the heck of it I checked the hose attachments there. They were USA made. Start Looking!

In our current economic situation, every little thing we buy or do affects someone else, - even their jobs. So, after reading this, I think the lady is on the right track. Let's get behind her!

My son loves Hersey's candy. I noticed, though, that it is marked made in Mexico now. I do not buy it anymore. My favorite toothpaste is Colgate and is now made in Mexico. I have switched to Crest. You have to read the labels on everything.

This past weekend I was at Kroger. (This can be true for any store) I needed 60W light bulbs and Bounce dryer sheets. I was in the light bulb aisle, and right next to the GE brand I normally buy was an off brand labeled "Everyday Value". I picked up both types of bulbs and compared the stats. They were the same except for the price. The GE bulbs were more money then the other, but the thing that most surprised me is that GE was made in Mexico and the Every Day Brand was made in USA, Cleveland to be exact.

So throw out the myth that you cannot find product you use everyday that are made right here.

So on to another aisle. Bounce Dryer Sheets.....yep, you guessed it, Bounce cost more money and is made in Canada. The Everyday Value brand was less money and MADE IN THE USA! I have used them and they work just as well as Bounce and are HALF the price!

My challenge to you is to start reading the labels when you shop for everyday things and see what you can find that is made in the USA- the job you save may be your own or your neighbors!

** We should have awakened a decade ago....Let's get with the program.... Help our fellow Americans keep their jobs and create more jobs here in the U.S.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment