Monday, October 26, 2009

Don'g Get All Stressed With Coupons

I have done like most women when they start to coupon. They go full force and non-stop to save their mighty dollar. And just like I have been warned on other blogs, I got burnt-out.

A little insight.... on some of the blogs I frequent, I see some woman buying 12 bottles of shampoo and 12 bottles of conditioner just because they were $.09 each. Well, some of us do not have the storage space and, I would not use 12 bottles of shampoo in 2 or 3 years.

The lesson is... if you don't need it, DON"T BUY IT! Just because you can get $165.00 worth of stuff for 20 bucks, doesn't mean you are obligated to do so. You should use your common sense and make informed decisions on what you are buying. I started with the BOGO stuff and using coupons on those products. Once you get your rhythm, then tackle the CVS Thing...... I'm still learning that one. There again.... lots of stuff on sale that I don't need and I'm not going to buy it just because I can get a "bonus buck" to spend later. That sounds like" the more you spend, the more you save".

Couponing is great if you have to time. I'm a mom of two small children who works full time. I have time to download and bunch of mfg Q's and then check the sale papers. But I don't have the time to go to CVS just because they have milk for $2.99 instead of $3.15 at the grocery. COMMON SENSE!

It is a invigorating feeling when I'm able to save $30.00 - $50.00 at the grocery. The check out lady even says "you did good" and that is very satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment