Sunday, January 10, 2010

Make Ahead Meals

In an effort to make my and my family's life more tranquil.... I am attempting to prepare dinners ahead of time and freeze for easy dinners. So far it's been a real riot... who knew I would need freezer to oven containers? and Then you have to go buy them:( But, it's going to save me a 5:30 pm headache, because I can pop something in the oven and then make my children Thier dinner, because as we all know.... they NEVER eat what you eat. I SOOO envy you SAHM,'s. you have the time(but maybe not the patients) to sit your kids at the table and make sure they eat what is on their plate. I have 45 minutes. The scenario go something like this..... T- will you eat the mash potato's please. 10 minutes later. T- will you eat your chicken please. T- will you eat your potato's please..... over and over until bed time. Knowing full well the kid is going to say to me right before I turn out the lights "Mommy, I'm hungry" Damn! T- I told you to eat your dinner.... you will just have to wait till morning. But I can't sleep, my tummy is growling. (cave-in) Peanut butter and crackers. When you know you have to get up at 5:00 am and it's 8:00pm, there is no room for battle. It's PB & crackers.

So maybe if I spend less time cooking and more time on the getting the kids to eat better, then I will have a better feeling about myself. I will have conquered the "picky eating" battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment